About the Course
The Level 3 Emergency Paediatric First Aid covers a wide range of CPR and first aid skills, equipping the first-aider to administer first aid to children and infants.
This one-day course covers a range of CPR and first aid skills related to children, providing you with the skills to ensure a safe environment for children infants.
The qualification is Ofqual accredited and valid for three years.
Emergency Paediatric First Aid is six hours and can be delivered in one day or split into smaller sessions over a four week period from the start of the course.
The course comprises of practical work and theoretical classroom work, as well as a practical assessment on CPR and first aid.
Candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age at the time of taking the assessment. No prior first aid knowledge is required.
Information For Everyone
Individuals and organisations are advised to take this course. Specifically anyone who comes into contact with or works with infants and children; parents and families with young children.
A range of subjects are covered including:
- Understanding the role of the paediatric first aider
- How to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- How to provide first aid to an infant and a child who is suffering from shock
- How to assess an emergency situation and act safely and effectively
- How to provide first aid for an infant and a child who has a foreign body airway obstruction
- How to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- How to provide first aid to an infant and a child who is wounded and bleeding
Emergency Paediatric First Aid is Trainer Assessed throughout the course and the assessment should determine a learner’s ability to act safely, promptly and effectively when an emergency occurs at work and to deal with a casualty. All Assessment Criteria in the units must be achieved.
A maximum of 12 students can be accommodated on this course per trainer more than 12 in one day other trainers will be provided. The cost of the course is £1176.00 for the day. Individual cost will £120 per person. This cost will include all equipment, books and HSE certificates